The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for repairing and servicing the hotels mechanical systems and equipment. Job duties include by are not limited to: Reporting and troubleshooting / repairing malfunctions in mechanical / electrical systems, HVAC, Plumbing, Laundry Equipment, Boilers, Painting, Vacuums, and Pool area. Perform weekly checklists for: Van, Emergency Lighting, Cribs, and Exercise Equipment. Does Preventative Maintenance daily to rooms, Swimming Pools, and the Public Areas of the hotel. Takes out the garbage to the dumpster area, checks parking lots for garbage. Maintains hotels exterior appearance. This is a brief overview and is not all inclusive.
- Does preventative maintenance duties or tasks per schedule
- Notices and addresses potential maintenance problems before they become major issues
- Address any guest issues with the utmost professionalism, but also have the ability to take care of any maintenance request and or issues with the least amount of disruption to the guest
- Recognizes / reports or troubleshoots and repairs electrical / plumbing / equipment / paint problems
- Completes maintenance reports/ records / logs accurately and on time
- Keeps work area / tools clean and operational
- Is familiar with hotel emergency procedures. Knows how to reset pumps / boilers / electrical fuses in an emergency situation
- Knows how to read the fire board, close down elevators, sprinkler system in case of fire
- Communicates consistently throughout the day with Managers, Housekeeper and front desk to troubleshoot guest room issues
- Have a clean driving record, as you will be required to drive our hotel shuttle as needed. This is always done with a positive and friendly attitude with all passengers and other drivers on the road. When driving our shuttle, you represent our Company when on the roads. The driving of our shuttle is always done in an extremely courteous manor to all drivers on the road.
- The ability to follow our Company’s rules and regulations in order to provide an extremely secure and friendly experience for our guests as well as fellow team members is essential.