An Executive Chef / F&B Director oversees all food and beverage at the hotel, both front and heart of the house operations. He/she manages the hiring, training and development of all F&B Employee Partners. This position will ensure that all mandated training programs are implemented as well as full compliance with corporate purchasing procedures.
He/she prepares an annual financial budget and achieves these goals throughout the year through proper forecasting, cost controls, labor management and revenue generating programs. He/she is responsible for coordinating activities of and directs training of cooks and food production staff engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure a safe, efficient and profitable food service.
What will I be doing?
- Communicates effectively and hospitably with Members, guests, and Employee Partners
- Involved with all day-to-day functions including staff management, Member and guest interactions, office administration duties, vendor communications, and labor costs.
- Required to ensure that operational standards are met in regards to sanitation codes and laws, food storage, and loss prevention.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive attitude towards customers, co-workers and clients.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes and menu cycle.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases. Requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies. Participates in weekly inventory of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Responsible for adhering to fiscal and budgetary food operational plans.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes and determines food items for menu production.
- Supervises production personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in a safe and nutritious manner. Tests cooked foods as needed to meet standards.
- Trains newly hired cooks and food production workers with practices of the kitchen
- Establishes and enforces safety, sanitation and proper food handling standards for kitchen.
- Maintains established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and adopts the appropriate menus and recipes to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Assists with recommendations and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with labor regulations and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with HHS standards of operation, client contract and within HHS policies. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with HHS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines
What are we looking for?
- College degree preferred
- Four years of Food & Beverage, private dining experience preferred
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills
- Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to payroll and forecasting
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems
- Creative menu development skills
- Strong technical literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and POS
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
What will it be like to work for The Asheville Hotel Group?
Our team members exhibit a strong foundation of hospitality, a genuine care for other and our community. We prioritize the safety of our team members and guests at all times. We pledge to take all precautions to keep all our associates safe and healthy.
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Travel Program with discounts available at Hilton Family properties
- Free Uniforms
- Weekly Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Accident/Critical Illness/Voluntary Life products offered